What are 'Cookie' files?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is downloaded on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive and act as a memory for the website allowing it to recognise returning visitors to the site thus enhancing their return visit.
Most of the Cookies we use will be deleted from your hard drive at the end of a browser session (these Cookies are called "session cookies"). Other Cookies (known as "persistent cookies") remain on your computer and enable us to automatically recognize your computer at your next visit. These cookies are used to greet you with your name upon your next visit and waive the need for you to re-insert your password.
Please note - ‘Cookie’ files are not software and cannot be programmed. As such ‘cookie’ files cannot contain malware or viruses.
How do Creditsafe Ireland Limited use ‘cookies’?
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that allow our web servers to respond to your actions on the website or browsing the website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|ASP.NET_SessionId||We use this cookie to identify a user's visit to the Creditsafe.ie website.|
|__RequestVerificationToken||This is a Creditsafe security token (it prevents anyone from forging access to the Creditsafe.ie website).|
|These cookies are used to ensure that Google Maps works correctly on the website.|
_ga, _gid, _lo_u
|These cookies are set by Google Analytics and are used to improve our understanding of how people use our website and services.|
How can I switch off ‘cookie’ files?
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. All modern Internet browsers will allow you to change your ‘cookie’ file settings. These options will typically be under the ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ within your Internet browser However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
In order to change your ‘cookie’ file settings you may find the following links useful:
- Cookie Settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie Settings in Firefox
- Cookie Settings in Chrome
- Cookie Settings in Safari
If you would like to read more information about how ‘cookie’ files are used throughout the Internet then please read the following link:
If you have any further questions please email email@example.com